Saturday, December 5, 2009

Please help me with your knowledge of SACD (Super Audio) home theatre systems?

Hi everyone,



I want to break into the SACD world, but I'm currently on a shoestring budget. I have a very nice Panasonic 42" HDTV to my name, but I want a complete DVD/receiver/speaker system to accomodate it so I can enjoy Pink Floyd and the Moody Blues the way they were meant to be. I've been intrigued about the less expensive, yet SACD-compatible Bravia line from Sony, but I don't want to gamble - any advice?



Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge regarding this topic!



Please help me with your knowledge of SACD (Super Audio) home theatre systems?events



All-in-one systems are a great way to start a multi-channel system, but there is always the danger (which happens sooner than later), that the weakest component (the DVD drive) fails much sooner than the rest.



Cnet.com has lots of reviews



http://reviews.cnet.com/4244-6465_7-0-1....



Please help me with your knowledge of SACD (Super Audio) home theatre systems?home theatre opera theater



If you are on a definite budget, these guys would be your best choice.



http://www.oppodigital.com/



The best one for the price out there. SACD, DVD-audio, upconverting and a DCDi chipset + you get an HDMI cable.
SACD or Super audio CD by Sony is designed specifically for surround 5.1 speaker set-up. You need a dvd player or a 5.1 receiver that have this kind of decoding capability. Based on my experience SACD sounds better that the DVD-AUDIO although the later can be played with the typical Dolby Digital decoder. The downside of the SACD is the availability of softwares not not mention the price. Tower records offers certain choices but they are all mixed with the other CDs so you will need xtra effort in searching a title that suites your taste. Price ranges from 1k to 1,5k (pesos) each. SACD sofwares can be played on two channel format using a standard CD/DVD player (..why would I do that?). If you enjoy"audio only surround listening, give it a go. I enjoy listening to the Los Angeles String Quartet SACD and it has become my reference music on my surround set-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel